Mechanical AEN Syllabus RPSC Main Exam 2018 Free pdf download. In this post we provide you detail Second Stage Or Main Exam Mechanical engineering Syllabus For RPSC AEN Exam 2018 with free pdf download. RPSC Mechanical AEN exams will we held in three stage pre exam, main exam and interview. This article we will discuss about main exam detail syllabus 2018.
My previous article we have provided you detail RPSC syllabus Preliminary exam Mechanical engineering Assistant Engineer AEN exam 2018. My previous post RPSC Scheme or pattern of Assistant Engineer Examination 2018 we have disused about exams scheme but in this article I show you detail syllabus of RPSC Rajasthan AEN exam 2018 We will disuses exam syllabus engineering branch like Mechanical Engineering in various department like Public Works, Water Resources, Public Health, and Panchayat Raj. See below for more detail.
Main Examination RPSC AEN Syllabus 2018 Mechanical Engineering
अनिवार्य विषय- हिन्दी
अनिवार्य प्रश्न पत्र: 01 अवधि: 3 घंटे अधिकतम अंक: 100
अनुभाग - अ: 30 अंक
अनुभाग - ब: 50 अंक
अनुभाग - स: 20 अंक
अनुभाग - अ 30 अंक:
1. संधि: दिये हुए शब्दों में संधि करना और संधि-विच्छेद करना: 02 अंक
2. समास: दिये हुए शब्दों से सामासिक-शब्दों की रचना करना और
समास-विग्रह करना 02 अंक
3. उपसर्ग: उपसर्गो को सामान्य ज्ञान, उनके संयोग से शब्दों की संरचना
और शब्दों में विद्यमान उपसर्गों को अलग करना 02 अंक
4. प्रत्यय: प्रत्ययों का सामान्य ज्ञान, उनके संयोग से शब्दों की संरचना
और शब्दों में विद्यमान प्रत्ययों को अलग करना 02 अंक
5. पर्यायवाची तथा विलोम शब्द 02 अंक
6. शब्द युग्मों का अर्थ भेद 02 अंक
7. वाक्यांश के लिए एक सार्थक शब्द 02 अंक
8. शब्द शुद्धि: दिये हुए अशुद्ध शब्दों को शुद्ध रुप में लिखना
9. वाक्य शुद्धि: दिये हुए विभिन्न व्याकरणिक अशुद्धियों वाले वाक्यों को शुद्ध रुप
में लिखना 02 अंक
10. मुहावरे: दिये हुए मुहावरों का वाक्यों में प्रयोग द्वारा अर्थ स्पष्ट करना 04 अंक
11. लोकोक्तियाँ: दी हुई लोकोक्तियों का वाक्यों में प्रयोग द्वारा अर्थ स्पष्ट करना 04 अंक
12. पारिभाषिक शब्दावली: तकनीकी अँग्रेजी शब्दों के समानार्थक हिन्दी शब्द 04 अंक
अनुभाग - ब 50 अंक:
1. संक्षिप्तीकरण: दिये हुए गद्य-अवतरण का एक तिहाई शब्दों में संक्षिप्तीकरण,
उसका उचित शीर्षक तथा अवतरण से संबंधित प्रश्नों के उत्तर 10 अंक
2. वृद्धीकरण: किसी सूक्ति, प्रसिद्ध कथन आदि का भाव-विस्तार 10 अंक
3. पत्र लेखन: व्यावसायिक एवं कार्यालय संबंधी पत्र 10 अंक
4. प्रारूप लेखन: निविदा, अधिसूचना, परिपत्र, ज्ञापन, विज्ञप्ति आदि के प्रारूप की
सामान्य जानकारी 10 अंक
5. अनुवाद: दिये इुए अँग्रेजी अवतरण का हिन्दी अनुवाद 10 अंक
अनुभाग - स 20 अंक:
1. निबन्ध लेखन: किसी सम-सामयिक अथवा सामान्य विषय पर निबन्ध
(शब्द सीमा: 500 शब्द) 20 अंक
Compulsory Paper (02) - SOCIAL ASPECTS OF ENGINEERING
Maximum Marks: 100
· Development Processes: Inter relationship between social, economic, scientific and technological factors for development. Development criteria; gross national product, energy consumption.
· Rural economy, poverty, unemployment, exodus to urban areas. Land acquisition act.
· Globalisation of Economy: World Trade Organization (W.T.O.), trade related Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS), Quality assurance, ISO certification. 5 'S' Theory Optimisation of human, capital and material resources.
· Financing methods of infrastructure projects-BOT, PPP etc., Case studies of recent projects in Rajasthan-Refinery, IIIT, NHAI Highway, Dedicated Freight Corridor, Metro Rail Project.
· Technology for rural and Desert Areas, Characteristic of desert areas, Thar desert , desertification and its control, sand dunes stabilisation.
· Rural energy needs, Deforestation, Modern Solar appliances, Challenges in Solar Power and Wind Power Generation and their Connection to Grid.
· Rural industries. Soil and water conservation, water harvesting, watershed planning. Thermal comfort aspects of housing, transport in rural and desert areas, Drought, Famine and Disaster management.
· PMGSY Project. Right to Information act-its provisions.
· Technology Assessment and Transfer: Criteria for assessment and selection of technology, appropriate technology concept, technology transfer and development.
· Human Relations in Industry and Industrial Laws: Application of social sciences to industry, leadership and supervision, Labour relations, Trade unions, Salient features of Factory Act, Workmen's Compensation Act, Minimum Wages Act. NAREGA project. Motivation. Conflict Management.
· Project Planning, Appraisal and Feasibility: Techno economic feasibility studies, Project planning and control, Use of CPM and PERT, Fixed and variable cost, IRR (Internal Role of Return), Cost-benefit ratio, NPV (Net Present Value) Break even analysis, Depreciation, life cycle costing. Software applications in life cycle cost analysis. Project Monitoring by SAP and other softwares.
· Environmental Degradation and Resource Depletion: Environmental degradation due to energy production, transport, industries, mining and intensive agricultural practices, control of air and water pollution. Hazards of environmental pollution. Health problems, challenges and their remedies due to sone industry, textile industry, coal based thermal power plants and refinery cum petrochemical complex in Rajasthan. Challenges and utilisation of industrial by products (Like Flyash) in Rajasthan.
· Depletion of natural resources due to population explosion and continuously rising standards of living. Environment impact analysis of projects, green technologies, Concept of sustainable development. National environmental laws. Carbon footprint of technologies, carbon credit system.
· Dumping of Radioactive waste-methods and monitoring. Effect on health.
· Development of Science and Technology: Information technology application in Project Designing, Project evaluation programme, implementation and monitoring.
OPTIONAL SUBJECT (MAIN EXAM)
Subject- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING - I
Maximum Marks: 200
1. Theory of Machines: Kinematics and dynamic analysis of mechanisms, Coirolis component of acceleration, Mechanisms for straight line, Motor vehicle steering mechanism, Hooke's Joint and Geneva mechanism, Kinematics synthesis of mechanism, Velocity and acceleration analysis, Brakes and dynamometers, Cams, Governors, Gears and Gear trains, fly wheel and turning moment diagram, Friction (types), Laws of friction, Inclined plane, Ball & roller bearings, single and multiplate clutches, Force analysis of machines, Force and inertia torque analysis of mechanisms, Balancing of rotating and reciprocating masses, Balancing of single and multicylinder engines, Gyroscopic motion, vibration analysis of free, damped and forced vibration of single degree of freedom, Vibration isolation and transmissibility, Transverse vibration and whirling (critical) speed of shaft, torsional vibration up to three rotor system, geared system, Holzer's method.
2. Materials Science: Crystal structure, space lattice, crystal systems, Miller indices, Imperfection in crystal, determination of crystal structure, mechanism of plastic deformation, Theory of work hardening and recrystalization, concept of creep, fatigue and fracture, Phase diagrams, Heat treatment of steels, Plain carbon steel, alloy steels, effect of alloying elements in steel, Composition, application and properties of common engineering materials, Materials for Nuclear energy and bearing materials.
3. Machine Design: Design procedure and flow diagram, Factor of safety, unit deformation (strain), Types of stresses, stress-strain relationship, Deflection in beams, bending moment & shear force diagram, Eccentric loading, theory of fatigue, Statistical nature of fatigue, Endurance limit and its modification factor, Concept of fracture in ductile and brittle metals, Creep behavior in metals, Design of levers, beams, shafts, laminated and helical springs, belt, pulleys and flywheel, power screw, gear drives and friction clutches, thin and thick wall pressure vessels.
4. Manufacturing Processes: Types of patterns and pattern making, Moulding and casting methods, Principles of arc welding and equipment, oxy-acetylene gas welding, gas welding flames, Brazing and Soldering, hot and cold working of metals, Introduction to Lathe, Milling, shaper and drilling machine, Cutting tools, Merchant's force analysis, geometry of single point cutting tool, types of chips, Taylor's tool life equation, Economics of metal cutting, Modem machining methods, NC & CNC, Jigs & fixtures, fits, tolerances and limits, measurements of screw threads and gear profile, gear manufacturing, Press tools and high velocity forming.
5. Industrial Engineering: Type of business, their formation and dissolution, Government control, public corporations and co-operative societies. Introduction to management, Principle of Management, elements of management, contribution of Taylor, Gilbreth, Fayol and Mayo in the development of management, Forms of organization, management structure, Authorities and responsibilities, organizational charts, span of control, Work study and productivity, motion study, time study, theory of work sampling, Make and buy decision, probability theory, Game theory, replacement theory, principle of plant layout, Material handling: functions, engineering & economic factors, production planning and control, routing, scheduling and dispatching, Gannt's chart, CPM, PERT, Material Management, Planning and Programming, Inventories, lot size, lead time, re-order point, wages payment system, Introduction to linear programming, Value engineering, JIT and MRP, Labour legislation, Industrial Relations.
Subject- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING - II
Maximum Marks: 200
1. THERMODYNAMICS: Basic concepts of thermodynamics, Properties of pure substances, First law of thermodynamics applied to closed and open systems, Second law of thermodynamics, Carnot cycle, entropy, Second law analysis of engineering systems, Availability.
Gas Power Cycles: Air Standard Efficiency, Otto cycle, Diesel cycle, Brayton cycle with modifications, Ideal jet propulsion cycle.
Vapour Power Cycles: Carnot and Rankine cycles, reheat and regenerative cycles, reheat factor, binary vapour cycle, combined gas-vapour power cycle.
Combustion: Solid, liquid and gaseous fuels, stochiometric air and excess air, Gas analysis, Different calorific values, Enthalpy of reaction and enthalpy of formation, Dissociation.
2. HEAT TRANSFER:
Conduction: One- dimensional steady state heat conduction, Heat conduction through composite walls, Critical thickness of insulation, Heat transfer from finned surfaces, fin efficiency and effectiveness.
Convection: Free and forced convection, Dimensional analysis, Heat transfer correlations, Hydrodynamic and thermal boundary layers, boundary layer equations and their solutions for flat plates and pipes.
Radiation: Planck's distribution law, Radiation properties, Kirchoff's law, diffuse radiation, Lambert's law, Intensity of radiation, Heat exchange between two black surfaces, Heat exchange between gray surfaces, radiation shield, Electrical analogy,
Boiling and Condensation: different regimes of boiling heat transfer, Correlations of boiling heat transfer, Heat transfer coefficient for laminar film condensation on flat plate, Drop wise condensation.
Heat Exchangers: Different types of heat exchangers, Logarithmic mean temperature difference and effectiveness for parallel flow and counter flow heat exchangers, Correction factor and fouling factor, Heat exchanger design by LMTD and effectiveness NTU methods.
3. FLUID MECHANICS AND FLUID MACHINES :
Fluid Mechanics: Fluids and their properties, buoyancy and floatation, Kinematics and dynamics of fluid flow, similitude and dimensional analysis, Incompressible fluid flow in pipes, Steady flow of compressible fluids – normal shock waves, Fanno and Rayleigh lines, Oblique shock waves, Flow in a pipe with friction, Flow of viscous fluids – laminar and turbulent boundary layers, Fluid flow measurement.
Fluid Machines: Centrifugal pumps: constructional details, specific speed, manometric and overall efficiencies, characteristic curves. Hydraulic turbines: classification constructional features of Pelton, Francis and Kaplan turbines, specific speed, velocity triangles, efficiencies, characteristic curves, governing systems, draft tubes, cavitation.
4. ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING :
Refrigeration : Basic refrigeration and heat pump cycles, Air refrigeration system, Aircraft refrigeration, Vapour compression refrigeration, Vapour absorption system, Refrigerants, Refrigerator components and controls, Unconventional methods of Refrigeration.
Air-conditioning: Psychrometric charts, Different air-conditioning processes, Air-conditioning systems and equipments, air-conditioning plants, Selection of air-conditioner, Layout of different air-conditioning systems, Air-distribution, duct design, Cooling Loads and their calculations, Human comfort and comfort chart, Different applications of refrigeration and air-conditioning.
5. ENERGY CONVERSION :
Combustion Internal Engines: S.I. and C.I. engines, Combustion phenomenon, Combustion chambers, carburetion and fuel injection, Supercharging, engine fuels, various efficiencies and performance of I.C. engines, Engines emission and control.
Steam Turbines: Flow of steam through nozzles, Steam turbine types, Velocity diagrams for impulse and reaction turbines, Efficiencies and governing.
Gas Turbines: Centrifugal and axial flow compressors, Energy transfer equation, Velocity diagrams, Efficiency and performance of gas turbines, Multistage compression, Reheat and regeneration.
6. POWER PLANT ENGINEERING :
Steam Power Plants: High pressure steam boilers and accessories, plant layout, Fuel handling and firing, ash, smoke and dust removal, Fluidized bed, Chimney and draught, Condensers, Heat balance sheet, Plant operation and maintenance, Thermal pollution and control.
Hydro-electric power plants: Selection of site, Different layouts, Efficiency and load curves, Hydrology, hydrological cycle and hydrograph, Control in hydro-electric plants, Economic loading of hydro-power plants.
Nuclear power plants: Nuclear reactions and fuels, Nuclear reactors, Nuclear power plant economics, Safety measures & site selection, Comparison of Nuclear, steam and hydro plants.
Power plant economics: Economic load sharing between base load and peak load plants, typical load curves, Effect of variable load on power plant.
Advertise With Us: - Advertise With Erexams.Com. I have more than 10 lakh Page Views Monthly India. Click Here For Advertisement
Like Our Official Facebook Page ER EXAMS Click Here