|How to Crack Gate Exam in Civil Engineering|
How to Crack Gate Exam in Civil Engineering
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018 is one of the most competitive exam for the engineers nowadays. Many GATE aspirants must be having doubt in their mind that how to start preparing for GATE exam , what are the best Tips & Tricks to crack the exam in most efficient way, how much to prepare for getting good rank, etc. Many PSUs are also advertised for recruitment of Civil Engineering graduates through GATE 2018 application, So, it’s important for candidates to know How to crack the GATE Civil Engineering (CE) Paper? However, not everyone is able to crack the entrance exam.
The difference lies not only in hard work, but also in a smart study plan, execution of that planning and analysis of previous year papers. For the benefit of aspiring candidates who want to appear in GATE Civil Engineering, here are the guidelines, tips and tricks about how to crack the exam with a good score. These preparation guidelines have been compiled from interviews with experts and previous years' toppers of GATE in Civil Engineering. These tips will help all the CE aspirants in chalking out a successful preparation schedule for GATE. Read through the article to know the essentials of GATE preparation for Civil Engineering and how to prepare for Civil Engineering (CE)
Here are some tips/tricks related to preparation of GATE CE 2018 Paper which could be helpful for you and other GATE aspirants, if you are preparing in the last 100 days must plan your study with the reference to these useful tips.
GATE 2018 exam is going to be conduct in the month of February so, you still have approx. 100 days left for your preparation.
Based on interactions with students from almost all the branches with these tips for the preparation of your last 100 days you can easily score 40+ if you starting from absolute zero level.
· 48-50+ if you are starting your preparation with known basic fundamentals of your top 3 core subjects,
· 58+ if you covered almost 85-90% syllabus before at least 30 days of your GATE 2018 exam and your Marks/Score goes on as you practice more and more questions with GATE online mock test series (with more focus on Mock Tests).
· Above data may vary within 10% limit depending on your Engineering Branch.
1. First step for your GATE 2018 Preparation should be start with targeting "Engineering Mathematics" &"General Aptitude" syllabus and prepare these two topics parallelly with your core technical part (you can give daily 2 hrs(more than sufficient) for these or you can prepare these topics in Weekend only as a refreshment from your technical preparation).
· For the preparation of General Aptitude section focus only on practicing the questions (Don't read any coaching centre notes, at the most you can refer R.S Agarwal)
· For the preparation of Engineering Mathematics and Technical part of you branch you should take the Study Notes from any reputed/top class coaching centre or Online resources.
2. Choose any 3 core subjects from the GATE Syllabus which should be primarily based on "Previous year Weightage Analysis" and "your interest" and then try to complete almost 100% syllabus of these 3 subjects at least 2 times and practice all the GATE & ESE previous question at least 3-4 times.
3. Try to complete the full GATE 2018 syllabus in the order based on Previous Year Weightage Analysis only.
4. Try to start Practicing Numericals with the help of Virtual Calculator as soon as possible.
5. More focus should be on Conceptual/Numerical type Questions.
6. You must prepare 3 types of short notes for Main theory related concept, Important formulas and for Mistakes/Doubt with proper explanation which you have done during practising questions from previous years paper and online test series.
7. After 1st January 2018 try to revise subjects with the help of these hand written short notes only.
Please try to avoid the gap of more than 10 days between the two-consecutive revision of a particular subject
8. Practice more & more with the Online Test Series and try to attempt all the full-length test/Mock test given in test series. Try to purchase at least 2 Online Test Series.
In last 10 days give at least 4 full length online test and revise all the 3 types of short notes which you have made during the preparation with first priority on short notes of Mistakes which you have made during Online test Series and Previous Year Question.
Know about the GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
· The GATE Exam is a single paper online examination of three hours, with 65 questions carrying a total of 100 marks.The question paper will consist of both multiple choice questions(MCQ) and numerical answer type questions.
- In GATE CE paper, the weightage of marks divided into three sections.
- Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks
- General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks
- Remaining 70% percentage of the total marks is devoted to the subject (technical section) of the paper.
- GATE 2017 Cutoffs Marks Details
And here are the special tips for scoring 70+ marks in GATE CE
#Top 5 Techniques/Tips to Do for scoring 70+ in GATE 2018 Exam.
1. Try to score around 100% marks in "Engineering Mathematics" & "General Aptitude" sections.
2. Try to be expert on the use of .
3. You must make Short Notes on Theoretical concepts, Important Formulas and on Detailed explanation of Errors/Mistakes which you have made while practicing the MCQs.
4. Practice at least 12 full length Online Test before 20th January and at least 4 full length Online Mock Test in the last 10 days. You must purchase two or more than two and try to attempt it full.
5. You may lose momentum during your preparation but its a usual thing which happens even with Rank 1 holder. So, don't hesitate try to make regular momentum and enthuse for the preparation.
‘Don’t loose momentum till the last minute of your Exam’
And also its the performance on the D-day (Actual Exam Day) which decide your AIR.
Online Test Series is a tool used for preparation, pointing out your mistakes, maintaining momentum, enhancing your level of preparation by practicing more & more quality level questions in online environment.
Lastly, most important point is don’t lose hope.
“Even on the Darkest Night, star doesn’t lose its shine”
Best of Luck for GATE 2018 and other upcoming exams!